Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger


JoAnne from A Pocketful of Blue



 Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.


There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.


This week it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to JoAnne from A Pocketful of Blue blog.  I love JoAnne's blog because all the posts show how much she loves her home and how talented she is with her decor DIY's.  She is as sweet as ever so enjoy reading and getting to know JoAnne and then hop over to check our her lovely blog.



Hi Blog Readers!
I'm JoAnne from A Pocketful of Blue
Today I am Kris's Saturday Spotlight and I'm so appreciative that she 
invited me to be part of her weekly series.
I have been blogging for over four years now and I have enjoyed it so much.
Most of my posts are about decorating, projects around our house and
how much home means to me.  We bought an older home about 7 years ago,
 so we have been working on updating and decorating it in the cottage style
 that I love ever since.
So here are some things about me that I don't usually post about.
I have a wonderful hubby who I met 23 years ago through a personal ad in a
local magazine.  That was in the days before the internet (you know, way back then)
 so it wasn't a very common thing for people to do at the time.
Here is a picture of us on our trip to New Hampshire in 2013 in
celebration of our 20th anniversary.
We have 2 kiddos, 17 and 13.
Our son will be a senior next year so I am already feeling sad
that he will be going to college in the not too distant future.
It will be a huge transition for me but we are very proud of him
and we couldn't ask for a better son.
Our daughter is in middle school.  She is beautiful and smart and she
lights up our lives with her fun personality.
 However, please pray for me to survive these middle school years.
  Oh my, so much drama - and it changes by the hour!
A totally different experience than when our son was that age.
Here is a recent picture where I somehow caught them both
 in a happy moment at the same time!
We also have a chubby kitty named Sox.
We all love him and have a lot of fun with him and
he is pretty much the boss of our family.
I thought I would share a few random facts about myself:
* I have 3 sisters, no brothers - I'm no. 3
* I attended Catholics schools my whole life including college
* I worked in Accounting for 18 years
* When I was growing up, my Dad owned a stockyards where
 he held livestock sales every week
* I love animals - mostly the cute, furry kind
* We adopted our daughter from Russia when she was 15 months old
* I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan
* I like peanut butter and mayo sandwiches
A recent event for me is that I got a new car.
My last car was an SUV that I drove for 14 years!
It was kind of sad when it was towed away because our
kids had kind of grown up in that car.
They had left their special marks on it like the scratches my
daughter put on one of the windows one day when she was bored.  : )
Now I'm driving this and I love it . . .
. . .  so fun to be-bop around in.
I haven't yet blogged about something we are doing this summer.
The four of us are going on a 3 week trip to Europe.  Years ago, we started
talking about traveling to Europe sometime before our kids are out of high school.  
As I mentioned, our son is going into his senior year so we knew we had to do it this summer.   We have spent a lot of time planning (and saving money) and it's hard to believe that it is  coming up so soon.
These are the places we are visiting: London, England Paris, France Munich, Germany Florence and Rome, Italy Even though we are going for 3 weeks, it was still challenging to narrow down  the places we would go. There's just so much to see and do and I'm pretty sure this will be a once in a lifetime trip for me - so excited! Back on the home front, we want to work on our backyard this summer. Last fall, my husband and son replaced the old concrete blocks on our patio with some beautiful pavers. So now I'm looking forward to adding  some landscaping, lots of flowers and patio furniture. I think we'll really enjoy it this summer.
Thank you so much for reading! My blog is A Pocketful of Blue so please come over for a visit anytime! Thank you, Kris, for this opportunity! You have a wonderful blog and beautiful home and on top of all of that, you are one of the kindest and most caring bloggers out there - I really mean that!! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Thank you JoAnne for letting me feature you this week in Spotlight.  Your two kids are adorable and little Sox too.  Have a great week rest of the week end everyone.  Enjoy the beautiful weather.
Kris
:)

25 comments

  1. It was such a treat getting to know JoAnne more, Kris (yes, JoAnne, we've definitely been friends for awhile!). You have a lovely family, I didn't know the ages of your children and I don't think I had ever seen a pictures of them, Beautiful!

    You are going to have a great time in Europe, that's a dream of mine. I'll look forward to your pics!

    Thanks for a great post, Kris!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris. I was following JoAnne, but I guess she fell off my radar. Her house is adorable, and from reading we have some things in common including travel and close aged daughter. I kept my old car, but I scoot around in one of those too now, because it's reliable and low mileage; I agree to its enjoyability. Happy Mother's Day to both of you. xo Su

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kris for introducing us to JoAnne. She has a lovely family and beautiful home. Sounds like trip of a lifetime and with the whole family, oh how fun.
    I will be popping over to JoAnne blog. Thanks so much.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kris for introducing us to JoAnne. She seems like a real family person and has the cutest home. What an amazing trip she has planned for this summer, pity she's missing Ireland! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love JoAnne's blog! But it was so interesting to read more about her in this post: I learnt many things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris, I enjoyed reading about JoAnne. Her children are beautiful. Their up coming family trip should be a blast. Wishing her well. Wishing you both a wonderful mother's day, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore JoAnne and her blog! Her home is beautiful and she's always so sweet. :)

    Now JoAnne, I hope you read this because I just have to ask....peanut butter and mayo? Never heard of such a thing girl!!

    That vacation sounds like an absolute dream come true. Can't wait to hear more about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved reading about JoAnne and her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kris, last week because of my spotlight I met JoAnne and found her delightful. JoAnne nice spotlight, love your home. our Simon cat I refer to as the Panther is 22 lbs and cuddles all the time. Three weeks in Europe sounds wonderful. What you will take away and carry in your heart with appreciation is just how old the old world is. Sounds funny to say that but in Philadelphia things are old and historic but not like in Europe where the streets and buildings echo many centuries of history. So glad we met in Blog Land.
    xx,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post, JoAnne! So wonderful to look forward to exploring Europe with your kids...have a terrific time!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. JoAnne, we have a lot more in common that I realized before...lots more than our love of home decor! Europe sounds like a dream. Enjoy it! Kris thanks for featuring JoAnne, it was lovely to learn a bit more about here. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kris for introducing us to JoAnne, she will definitely be added to my blogging list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved learning more about you, JoAnne. What fun! Thanks, Kris, for having my blog friend, JoAnne, share on your blog. I will be back to see more of your blog - that's what I did when I discovered JoAnne's blog and I've been a follower ever since.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome post JoAnne...it was so fun learning more about you and your beautiful family!! Great feature Kris...have a wonderful Mother's Day ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed your post ! Made me laugh! So many comments so true! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow Joanne's blog and enjoy it so much! It was so much fun to get to learn more about her. I'm jealous of her 3 week trip to Europe! How exciting! That will be very educational for the kids too. Love her cute car. Now that her kids are bigger, she can have one of those. I didn't know she adopted her daughter. That's nice. Thanks for sharing her story!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your blog... I shall be back!

    Nice meeting you!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Joannes blog too. It was so nice to see more about her family. How exciting to go to Europe for 3 weeks. A great feature. Wishing you both Joanne and Kris a Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was wonderful to get introduced to Joanne! It is always nice in a spotlight to hear all about the things "behind the scenes" in a blogger's life, and a real treat to enjoy reading! Have a blessed and wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have followed Joanne for a long time, but I learned so much more today. Thanks for featuring her.

    ReplyDelete
  21. JoAnne is a sweet lady and it's lovely to see her featured here. Isn't Sox such a cutie? I'm totally in love with that little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kris is was so lovely to meet another sister blogger, and to top it off she is a JoAnne. I will go visit her. I hope you are being spoiled today!!! Have a lovely Mother's Day sweetie. Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kris, I follow JoAnne's blog , but added her to my circles just now on G+. Thanks for always being the icebreaker with introducing (and sometimes re-introducing) bloggers. And I love your roses Terry bought you. I think I may need to start replacing some of mine this year. Happy Mother's Day to you - I hope it's a quiet and restful one.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kris, I'm so glad that you do the Saturday Spotlight! JoAnne was one of the first bloggers I found and I have enjoyed her blog so much. I feel like I know her even better now! This is so fun!

    Cyndee

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have followed JoAnne for a long time and really like her (and her blog) a lot. This was a very sweet post and I know her better than ever now. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

sponsor