Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger





Jen from Sweet Auburn Life



 Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.


There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.


This week I would love to introduce you to a sweet blogger from the beautiful country of Ireland.  Jen has her blog called Sweet Auburn Life.  I love when I meet and become friends with international bloggers.  It is so wonderful that blogging brings friendships to us from all over the world.  You will really enjoy getting to know sweet Jen with her feature today and then hop over to introduce yourself and see her lovely blog.  



When Kris asked me if I would like to be included on one of her Saturday Spotlight features I was flattered and excited but also nervous. As I explained to Kris, as a blogger I have always 'guarded' my identity if you like. It's scary putting yourself out there on the internet for the world to see and potentially ridicule. I am pleased to say however, my experience to date has been nothing but positive. Thank you Kris for the opportunity. Here goes nothing...


 
My name is Jen. I am 35 years old and live with my husband in a two story three bedroom eco-friendly house in the middle of Ireland. We met in college and have been together for almost 14 years.    












Just before Christmas 2011, we married in my local church (where I made my first holy communion and my parents married) and had our reception in this lovely country house near my parents home. 








We live in the country and both make daily commutes to work. Mr. Auburn definitely has it worst, leaving the house before 6am for Dublin! I work in Mental Health, my husband in Telecommunications. We both spend up to 12 hours a day out of our home so evenings and weekends are precious!






We bought this house in 2008, an empty shell and it has been our first home together. We don't have plans to leave just yet but it is not our forever home. We hope to build a house someday on a rural site we have a couple of miles from our current home close to my in-laws. 






We are both reasonably creative, somewhat frugal and fairly sentimental which has lead to a home full of handmade and homemade, hand-me-downs and upcycles.





I read many blogs and have done so for years while for so long my own life was an undocumented blog; living in the country, decorating our home, crafting and gardening. It was my husband that suggested I start my own blog, so in early 2013 Sweet Auburn Life began.    







For the most part I blog about our home, decorating, make and do, baking, things we get up to. Life and work occasionally get in the way but I always come back to it. I have met so many ridiculously talented, inspiring people from all over the world whose stories and opinions are so important to me.




Sure, sometimes their amazing homes make me want to gut mine!! Mostly though it is motivating and energizing and educational to be connected to the amazing network of creative people you all are.


​ 
Jen xx


Thank you Jen for sharing a  little about yourself, your hubby and your life in Ireland.  It was fun international feature for this week.  Have a wonderful rest of the week end everyone.  
Kris
:)

27 comments

  1. Kris, none of the photos are showing up for some reason :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to 'see' Jen and get to know her. I'll come back later and, hopefully, the blog fairies will have worked their magic on the photos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris, I went to visit Jen's blog. She sound so interesting. I also could not get the photos to come up. Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, it's 10:30 a.m on the east coast and I can see the photos. Hopefully, the other ladies can now, too. Jen's home is so sweet. I am a wee bit Irish and would love to visit Ireland one day. Jen's pictures makes Ireland a bit more real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature Kris-I have visited her blog many times and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Kris, the photos are showing now. Seven-thirty here. I love Sweet Auburn, and so nice to meet Jen. Such pretty photos for us today. I love the wedding shot and the older home. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the chance to meet Jen! I will go over to her blog and visit her now! Have a wonderful Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kris,
    I stopped by earlier but as you know no pictures appeared so now I'm back and I enjoyed meeting Jen. Hello Jen, I've haven't been to Ireland yet to visit but sure have it on my travel list. I found your spotlight charming and have become a follower of your blog. I will enjoy reading your posts.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see lots of beauty already in those pictures. I'm going over to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing this sweet home.

    I really appreciate my home and can't imagine being away for 12 hours each day. I would not want to leave on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Jen's blog and her home is always inspiring to me. I'm so glad you featured her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting and interesting! Thank you so much for introducing us to Jen! I think this is such an awesome thing you do for bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad I came back to see this talented Jen - thanks, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Kris thank you for introducing me to Jen. I have meet some pretty great blogging friends through you and it has been great. Thank you so much for your Saturday special. Have a marvelous weekend. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for introducing us to Jen, What a lovely young lady and a beautiful home.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love Jen's style and how wonderful to be from Ireland! A place I dream of visiting. To live out in the country is such a blessing. Love meeting new people you spotlight Kris and can't wait to get to know Jen!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. I missed this while I was gone. Just popped over to visit her and sign up to follow. What a sweet girl. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed this while I was gone. Just popped over to visit her and sign up to follow. What a sweet girl. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed this while I was gone. Just popped over to visit her and sign up to follow. What a sweet girl. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely to get to know Jen! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us Jen....I can see the love that you and your husband have put into it and I can see why you enjoy your home in the evenings and weekends. Thanks for another great blogger feature Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Catching up on blog reading today I saw Jen's post that she was spotlighted here, Kris. I just had to come and see. Jen and I met through my blog awhile back and I just love her. She has great taste and always something interesting to share on her blog. She's very creative and a sweet person. So glad you featured her. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kris and Jen,

    So lovely to meet you Jen! Your home and history sound incredibly romantic, and after reading about your work schedules, from the early am to the pm, you charming home certainly sounds like your sole sanctuary.

    Thanks for visiting my Spotlight feature, too!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  24. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    Best Carpet stores in

    ReplyDelete

sponsor